Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Training...

So in order to transfer to mom/baby I had to get up to speed on the latest and greatest in postpartum information.

Apparently, this means three 8-hour days of watching VHS tapes on breastfeeding from 1994.... I watched more VHS tapes in the last 3 days than the last 3 years. I'm not a morning person to begin with, seeing as I work(ed) swing shift, so getting up at 0800 for a fun-filled day of video watching was nothing short of exhausting.

And I'm honestly not sure that I learned anything, except that the hospital cafes do have pretty decent food. (Yay for grilled portobello with couscous) I read so many nursing blogs and keep up on the latest news about maternity-related issues that I think I could've gotten away with watching maybe half the stuff they had me go through.

But now I am full of knowledge, and ready to hit the floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment