Saturday, May 16, 2009

Two half-days in a row....

No real interesting stories lately, as I have been unexpectedly given the option to go home early two days in a row.

I know I shouldn't be taking so much time off. The reduction in pay will eventually catch up with me. And my patients weren't actually all that bad these last two days. I almost feel bad about leaving them after only 4 hours.

But there's still a part of me that goes "HOLY SHIT YEAH I'M GETTIN' OFF EARLY" whenever the Charge says "Hmmm... we seem to have 11 nurses on the floor at 1900, and only 21 patients."

On our unit, we're a mix of 8hr and 12hr shifts. So 1900 is a magic time, when a bunch of 12hr shift nurses come on, and the 8hrs who started at 1500 are still around. So I scramble to get all my ducks in a row in the 4 hrs I have to work with.


I guess this is really more of a non-post, as nothing of interest has happened so far this week. Though I am thinking about a Diabetes PSA in the near future. Stay tuned, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment