Monday, September 7, 2009

Update to "Siiiigh"

So after all that silliness about being requested to stay 16 hours, I ended up going home early :)

At about 1730, I get asked if I'd like to leave early, as we will be overstaffed starting at 1900 when the 12s come on shift. Of course I jump at the chance.

At 1900 when I'm giving shift report, one of the 12s comes up and says "If you want to stay, I'll go home and come back at 2300" as if he's trying to do me a favour.

I became briefly worried, "Wait, are you asking me to stay or telling me I *have* to stay?"

"Do you want to stay? Cuz I'll go home. You can stay if you want."

"Um, no thanks. I'm happy going home..."


Afterward, I was told by the nurse I was giving report to that this guy works 2 jobs, and that's why he always looks exhausted, so he probably wanted another 3 hours of sleep. I feel kinda bad about it, but I'm also greedy for time off.

Sorry dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment