Thursday, April 16, 2009

From April 15, 2009: Wonder of Wonders, Miracle of Miracles!

Somehow, I managed to spend 80% of my shift with only *TWO* patients.

Let me tell you it was *heavenly*.

Our census was rather low to begin with (18 out of 26 beds) and I was given 3 patients. One of my patients was in for a lower GI Bleed and had it fixed up in the AM, and wanted to know what the plan was. Apparently the plan was a rather unexpected discharge! So he was gone *poof!* by 1700. I didn't even have to do anything, thanks to the ninja-like powers of the Resource, MH. So many things got magically done while I wasn't looking. Kinda crazy.

So that left me with 2 patients. They were on opposite ends of the unit, of course, but only having 2 of them left me with *plenty* of time to make the journey back and forth.

I kept expecting to get an admission or transfer, but somehow I stayed under the Charge's radar. So with my free time I helped L with her admission assessment and took other people's patients to the bathroom.

It was really awesome. Here's hoping for another good day, but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment