Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's official. My manager hates me.

She came up to me yesterday and said "Purple, I've volunteered you for a new project. It's about keeping the care boards updated."

Care boards are in each patient's room. They have the date, room number, room phone, MD's name, RN's name and phone number, and the "plan of care" for the patient's stay.

It is to be fully filled out and updated daily.

And she wants me to be in charge of making sure it's done for "maybe 5-8 rooms" every shift I work.

Note that. When I am *working* on the floor with with *patients of my own*, she wants me to go around and check other people's rooms to make sure their boards are filled out.

We *have* people that do this, when they're on committee and don't have anything better to do. I have better things to do, dammit.

And what's this BS about volunteering me? That's not how volunteering works, *especially* when it's something that could adversely affect my patient care.

I don't know what she's trying to pull here, but I don't like it...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, did you upset her somehow? They don't even make us nursing students fill that stuff out. Looking at the bright side, you'll always know the correct date...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete