Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sigh. I had hoped she would recover...

I posted about a girl with lung cancer back in June. She and her friends got me dinner from Jack in the Box when I forgot mine. Everything seemed so bright and hopeful when she was finally discharged.

Today while heading out of the break room I noticed a new magnet on the fridge.

"In Loving Memory, P*, *1981-June 14, 2009" with what appeared to be her Senior Photo in the middle.


Really bummed me out on my way home. She was such a sweetheart. And yet the 85 yr old non-compliant CHFers just keep ticking. Stupid world.

3 comments:

  1. oh, maaaan.....you're right, Stupid World. My sister has breast cancer, she looks really good right now, but, no one knows how much longer she has.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad, I hate that. I had a man die in the ER who was waiting for a heart transplant in one roon and a deliberate but unsuccessful carbon monozide poisoining in the next room. Decided early on in my nursing career that life is far from fair.

    ReplyDelete